Commercial cleaning helps against viral infections
Maintaining a clean work environment has always been important. But amid COVID-19 regular cleaning and disinfecting have become more important than ever.
There are several vital steps to take, from wearing protective gear to following the guidelines the CDC and local health authorities laid out.
If a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 has been in your facility within the last 24 hours, you should clean and disinfect the spaces they occupied.
Steps to consider
Before cleaning and disinfecting:
- Wait as long as possible (at least several hours) before you clean and disinfect if someone in your office tests positive for Covid.
- Close off areas used by the sick person and do not use those areas until after cleaning and disinfecting.
While cleaning and disinfecting:
- Wear proper protective clothing and a mask while cleaning and disinfecting.
- Turn off the heating and air conditioner system.
- Focus on the immediate areas occupied by the person who is sick or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- SERVPRO uses only approved cleaners and disinfectants.
- Vacuum the area if needed. SERVPRO uses only vacuums that are equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters and bags.