After Disaster Strikes
Moldy Bathroom Dry Wall from a Faulty Main Supply Line
What kind of damage can water really do?
You probably just had an amazing vacation, let's pretend Hawaii because I've always wanted to go there. You just spent two weeks in the fun and sun in Honolulu. Blissfully listening to the water as the waves crash around you. Unbeknownst to you, your house has also been listening to the steady, Drip Drip Drip of a faulty main supply line to the upstairs bathroom toilet. Two weeks of dripping water can cause quite a bit of damage to its surroundings. I visited a home today, where this exact scenario has already taken place.
Quick rundown of damages
- Bathroom Floor, wet and moldy down to the plywood flooring
- Bathroom Linen Closet / Extra Storage , Everything inside was COVERED in various molds
- Drywall, every bit of drywall and baseboards in the bathroom were wet and soggy.
- Master bedroom, Carpet and flooring all wet and moldy
- Downstairs Dining room, because of being underneath the upstairs master bathroom, it sustained water and mold damage to the ceiling, wall and flooring.
- Finished Basement, the water made it thru 2 other floors and ruined the ceiling and wall underneath the dining room.
- All of the Insulation, Drywall, Flooring will need to be removed and replaced from the effected rooms.
- Mold had sprouted in just about every room, and the HVAC system was just covered in it.
Water is a force of nature
All that damage from a steady drip of water over a span of 2 weeks. Coming home from paradise, to a disaster like this is pretty heart breaking. You will not be able to stay in your home, It could be quite hazardous to your health. The floor and walls could be structurally unsound. This extensive project is not for the faint of heart, and would be way more than a typical weekend DIY project. Lucky for you, SERVPRO of Winston-Salem North is on call 24/7 and We are the WATER and MOLD Specialist in the area. We will make it "Like It Never Even Happened", so that you can go back to those blissful memories of that wonderful vacation you took.
SERVPRO of Winston-Salem North FB
Contact SERVPRO of Winston-Salem North
#winstonsalem #wsnc #DTWS #flooding #water
Protecting Your Business From Flooding
At SERVPRO of Winston Salem North, we understand that your business is important to you. Our restoration professionals work hard to help restore homes and businesses in our local community daily. We are equipped with the expertise and technology to restore your property from any size disaster. However, there are steps you can take on your own to prevent damages to your business.
- Start with a thorough risk analysis. Plan for emergencies and obtain insurance coverage that will cover your business in the event of a flood. Consider any damages to property as well.
- Pay attention to weather alerts in your area.
- Ensure that all gutters are inspected and clear of dirt and debris regularly.
- Install barriers to prevent water from getting inside.
- Use flood-resistant materials in any new construction to your business.
- Relocate your files to a safe location, and back them up.
These measures will protect your business in the event of flooding and drastically minimize the damages to your commercial property. If you experience any flooding or storm damage at your business, contact SERVPRO of Winston Salem North at (336)744-5104. We can help make your commercial disaster “Like it never even happened."
With Torrential Downpours Comes Potential Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Winston Salem North provides emergency restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Winston Salem North arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. When minutes matter, this immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 336-744-5104
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Winston Salem North
SERVPRO of Winston Salem North specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.